Comfortable sofa can be one of the favorite items in the house. You can let go of tired and lazing on the spot. One of the materials used in wrapping the sofa is leather. Apparently, the leather used as wrapping a sofa there are several types. The following article contains information about the type of skin that are commonly used. You will also get information about how to distinguish genuine leather or imitation and how to care for your leather sofa to prevent rapid deterioration.
Type Leather Sofa
Skin type commonly used are as follows
Outermost skin and their fur is characteristic of this type of skin.
Skin feels smooth and is the type most widely used in the manufacture of sofas.
Resembling a towel, a second layer of skin until the fifth.
Differences Between Genuine Leather with Imitation Leather
If you intend to replace the upholstery, so that you do not be fooled if the selected leather sofa is genuine leather or imitation only, the following differences can you thoroughly:
- Because leather is a unity, then the front and rear of the same skin. While the faux leather is usually in the middle plus a thin sponge and then the back of a given layer, then the front and rear are not the same.
- Thorough skin layer. If it turns out there are three layers, meaning imitation leather. Because as mentioned in point 1, there is an additional layer of synthetic leather.
- Feel the leather used, if it feels sticky mean imitation leather.
- If imitation leather would be no smell of vinyl.
- Try to pull the skin. If when pulled up and down the same as the current drawn bellow left-right, meaning imitation leather.
- This is because genuine leather comes from animal skin, the left-right rift bigger than the top-down.
Genuine leather difficult to burn, but imitation leather shrinks when burned.
As with the other furniture in need of care, then to the couch you can perform maintenance by doing the following things:
- Every 1 week, wipe with a dry cloth sofa
- Do not place the sofa in a place exposed to direct sunlight. Sunlight can make the skin becomes dry and sofas cracked.
- Apply a skin moisturizer on your couch. This moisturizer can be purchased in the market.
- Immediately wipe the sofa with a cloth or sponge when exposed to water spills.