Rattan is a palm tree that belonged. One of the functions of rattan is used as a raw material for making furniture such as tables, chairs or other furniture. The use of rattan to make household furniture already known from the first. There are good things from furniture made of rattan, but you also have to be good at doing maintenance in order to keep your furniture durable and looks beautiful.
Indonesia supplies 70% of rattan in the world. The rest of the market is filled from Malaysia, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh. Most rattan from forests in Sumatra, Java, Kalimantan, Sulawesi, and Nusa Tenggara. Therefore rattan is widely used as raw material for furniture, such as chairs, coffee table, and a bookshelf. Rattan has several advantages than wood, such as light weight, strong, elastic, malleable, and cheap. The main drawback of rattan is prone to termites. Besides rattan grows faster and is relatively easy to harvest so it is considered more profitable than furniture or furniture made of wood.
Furniture of rattan will look classic so its use is not lost though many other raw materials that are now used. Prices of household furniture or furniture made of rattan is not as expensive as the furniture made with a wooden base but has nearly the same strength. Chair or table made of rattan is lighter and simpler so great to be placed in a room that is small and easy to move.
But in order for furniture or furniture of rattan more durable, there are things you need to consider in care. Things you can do include:
- Clean once a week. Simply use a dry cloth to remove dust attached. Do not use chemicals because it can damage the cane.
- To clean the dust and dirt that is on the sidelines, wash with detergent. The liquid detergent should not be too thick. After that, wipe with a dry cloth and dry with aerated. This can be done every 1 month.
- In order to still look beautiful, you can paint it when the color looks faded rattan.
- Put the furniture of rattan in place that is not exposed to rain and direct sunlight. It can make your furniture to fade, dry thus easily damaged.
- To avoid termites, you can use a solution of camphor (mothballs) and kerosene. Spray the solution on the rattan, or enter in the holes made by termites in your wicker furniture.
Of course your house will be cleaner if the furniture in your house too clean, including furniture or furniture made from rattan. It will beautify the space in your home.